Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Alien Egg


Spring is such an incredible time of year with the resurgence of life, the greening of the land, the flowering of plants, and...gobbling turkeys. So much of what we enjoy during spring turkey season deals with other cool things in nature such as towhees shuffling through duff under a cedar tree in front of our pop-up blind. There are tufted titmice flitting about, pairs of Canada geese and Mallards coursing just above the riparian woodland of which we lurk, waiting for that lust-filled Tom to be fooled. This is kind of like virtual life. Heck, it is real life. Nature really cannot be matched. Even though I've been a biologist all my life, I'm always amazed at how much I don't know about nature. There's such a diversity of life and I love discovering new mysteries. I present one here and ask you to tell me what you think I found on our last turkey hunt. Is it an egg case from the "Alien" monsters?

No comments:

Post a Comment